Good Morning Year 5,
We hope you are all well and have had a lovely weekend. We would love to hear about some of the things you have been doing over the past few weeks as we miss you all very much!
This weeks home learning is similar to last week with all the links to the white rose learning documents included - we hope you are still finding these and the video links useful. For those of you that still have your copy of Greta's Story we have included a reading retrieval task based on the first chapter. As before, the classroom secrets home learning timetable is still fab, as is the bbc bitesize website which continues to upload daily lessons for all subjects.
- Download Year-5 white rose maths video links
- Download Lesson-1-Add-and-subtract-fractions-2019
- Download Lesson-2-Add-fractions-2019
- Download Lesson-3-Add-mixed-numbers-2019
- Download Lesson-4-Subtract-mixed-numbers-2019
- Classroom secrets arithmetic practice Download Partitioning-KS2-Arithmetic
- Greta's Story chapter one Download Greta's Story chapter 1 retrieval questions
We would have been beginning to learn about plants and animals and their habitats in a link with our climate change project so have included some resources to start this learning. Many of you have been asking for some fun science experiments that you can try from home. See below for some easy Titanic experiments that link with our learning about density and water displacement from before we finished.
- Download Dear Humans Stage 5 Comp - Comprehension Pack
- Download Life Cycle of an Amphibian Stage 5 Comp - Comprehension
- Melting Ice Experiments Download Demonstrating-Arctic-Climate-Change_Rising-sea-levels
- A warmer world experiments Download Demonstrating-Arctic-Climate-Change_Less-snow-and-ice-means-a-warmer-world
Any questions just get in touch via our class emails.
Have fun and stay safe!
Miss Carmichael, Mrs Turner & Miss Jimminson x