The School catchment area includes from the centre to the south of Kirkby-in-Ashfield. Children from outside the catchment area can be accommodated if spaces remain in the year group once all in-catchment area children have been accommodated.
Our PAN (Pupil Admission Number) had now been increased from 45 to 60 children.
Starting school for the first time in Reception (Foundation Stage 2)
Children will be admitted full-time at the beginning of the academic year in which they will be 5 years old. Therefore all children who are 5 years old between 1st September 2020 and 31st August 2021 will be admitted full-time to school in September 2020.
Admissions to Kingsway Primary School is managed by the Local Authority. If you wish your child to attend our school, please contact the Local Authority to apply.
If you child is due to start school in the new academic year in which they are 5, the Local Authority will notify you how to complete the application on line. Our staff are available to help if you require any support or advice.
For admissions other than at the start of the academic year, applications are through the local authority.
In the event of over subscription, the following criteria will be applied, in priority order, to decide which applications will be granted once places have first been allocated to pupils who have either an education, health and care plan or a statement of special educational needs which names the school:
Standard reception criteria: infant and primary schools 2020-2021
- 1. Looked after children and previously looked after children
- 2. Children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school or the linked junior/primary school and children who do not live in the catchment area at the closing date for application and who, at the time of admission will have a brother or sister attending the school or the linked junior/primary school who was displaced as their Nottinghamshire community catchment area school was oversubscribed at the national offer day for first admission to school
- 3. Other children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications
- 4. Children who live outside the catchment area who will have a brother or sister attending the school or the linked junior/primary school
- 5. Children who live outside the catchment area
In the event of over-subscription within any criterion, preference will normally be given to children who live nearest the school as the crow flies.
Guidance on all the above processes and additional information can be found via
Contact details for Admissions:
0300 500 8080